Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thing #15

     I liked the video on Diigo about the camping trip wiki! I thought that was a neat idea, since I have been in situations where lists needed to be completed and there was so much confusion that they never were fulfilled. I found it was very easy to get into APSU sandbox and add what I wanted to the page. I added my Thing #6 about Web 2.0 tools, mine was Pandora, because I feel it is a good thing to have in the classroom to increase creativity levels, and there is music to go along with just about any books time period.

     I really wish I had more time to make my own wiki, because my friends and I are in the process of planning a baby shower and we all live in different places, so it is hard to figure out who is doing what! The only down fall that I have, is that ANYONE can sign up and edit your pages, potentially deleting important information, or posting incorrect information. Also it is hard to have a leader of the group since everyone can make as many changes as anyone else, and I usually like to take charge with planning. I'm sure if you were using for a classroom setting though, it would be important that the teacher does show some leadership so the editing doesn't get out of hand and the students wouldn't misuse the wikis.

No comments:

Post a Comment