Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thing #17

     The idea of tagging things other than pictures and videos is pretty neat. Delicious is a neat site that I hadn't seen before. However, I actually used Digg in high school so it has been around for a while, and I am a little obsessed with StumbleUpon! I found several sites when I searched "educational technology" on Delicious, and I also found some good ones by searching "Language Arts" I was able to see the tags on the side, which helped narrow down the search some, but I was not able to see the comments or anything.


     I didn't really want to sign up for Digg, but the articles, videos and other links that I was able to see were all very interesting. The even have current events which could be good for students in any subject to learn about. Its also very easy to share to your blog, or facebook account from these sights, so parents can see what children are learning about.


     To me, StumbleUpon is my favorite because it is the most visually appealing. At the beginning of the registration process it has you select from a very large variety of interest so it can present you with pages pulled from everywhere on the Internet. A neat project would be for students to be guided to select interest that relate to the class in general or a specific topic they were learning about and see what they come up with. Since StumbleUpon is really random, they will all get different things most of the time.


For my personal use in the classroom, I "Stumbled Upon" this great site with templates for any kind of class list you can think of: http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2fOVj5/:1DT1zx3j9:bjI.gljt/office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT010253059.aspx/

No comments:

Post a Comment