Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thing #16

     The home page that I chose was iGoogle because I already use Google about 500 times a day. I like the theme that I picked with my little froggy and his pond. He even sleeps at night time! I pretty much left all the widgets on there that came with it, except I edited my weather so that it would be connected with Clarksville. I like how its just everything right there on one page, and the page actually has some color and is visually appealing. I just got excited actually because one of my widgets reminded me of a TV show I was wanting to watch tonight! It is not currently my homepage because my main email account is with Yahoo! but i may switch over to it in the future.

     I chose the online calendar 30 boxes, and found that it was very basic, but its simplicity would definitely be useful in a classroom. Each day gave the local temperature which I liked, and you can add due dates, test dates, field trips, etc. to everyday. You can also add email contacts (parents) and a to do list at the top that students could use as a homework check list. I wasn't able to actually go to any of the other ones because the links didn't work!

     I picked the to do list, Remember the Milk because I like the name. I also saw that you could link it to your iPhone. I signed up but after playing around with it I didn't really like it. I would honestly just rather use the to do list that is on my 30 boxes calendar, because having another website to go to just for a to do list seems like a lot of work.

     The extra tool that I look at was the PDF converter. I feel that this would be helpful in any classroom setting because it would eliminate worksheets, and parents would be able to see papers themselves and print them if the child lost it on the way home from school. It is also great to have when reading from selections that you may only have one copy of and students can get on the computer and read your upload.

No comments:

Post a Comment