Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thing #4

     Getting comments makes people happy, and it makes them happy to give them! To me they are like virtual compliments that keep you wanting to blog! They create a sense of community because once you have a blog you ARE in a community. It's sometimes nice to escape the drama of the real world and be able to talk to others who may be on the other end of the country, and to get great responses in return. The comments I have received have really made me feel welcome, because I was  a little unsure of myself at first.

     The things I found important from the readings were"
             1. Beware Darth Commenter.  I thought this was hilarious but true. We even get this with Facebook now because everyone has those few friends who are just straight up
"Debbie Downers" 
There are always going to be those people who put others down to make themselves feel better, but don't let it get to you!
             2. Criticize Kindly.  Be kind to one another! No one is making you comment on anyone else's blog, so don't take your frustrations out on an innocent person who is just sharing their ideas. Words DO hurt!

Blogs I Commented On :)

  •            Anita Taylor:  I commented about the need for donations to the school food pantry and how much it affects our community. (Love the "David's Mom" name)
  •           Abby Thompson: I commented on her picture of the ocean and sunset because I share a similar interest.
  •          Jared Sexton: I knew Jared would have funny blogs so I added a spontaneous comment to the shark picture.
  •          Colby Moates: I commented on Colby's rainbow swirl picture because I thought it was adorable :)
         Bliss Smith: Both of our thing #3's were similar, and I really enjoyed her use of pictures to spell JOY.


Outside Blogs With My Comments

So far I am Loving my RSS Google Reader!!

No comments:

Post a Comment