Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thing #6




The Web 2.0 tool that I chose is PANDORA radio. I use this site on a daily basis. When I'm getting ready, when I'm drving, when I'm doing homework, when I'm cleaning, when I'm running.... so this tool has made an impact on my life.

   One of my favorite things about Pandora is that if you hear a song you like you can select the "thumbs up" button, and it will remember and play it for you on other occasions. If you don't enjoy the song you can select the "dislike/thumbs down" button and it will NEVER play it again. You can select genres of music to listen to and it will play songs related to that or a specific artist.

I HATE THE ADS.

Pandora is free, however there are ads every so often because I guess they have to make money somehow. You can buy an Ad-free version called "Pandora One" but I just block the ads out.

I have already experienced pandora in a classroom setting. Some of my teachers used to play it on the computer while we had free days to work on projects, and believe it or not it did help me think of some creative ideas. As an educator, if you wanted to let students get a feel of a certain time period, or selection of music you most likely can find it on Pandora. I think it would really help in a Special Education setting because lots of those students use music to calm them.

I listen to Pandora while doing homework. I put it on an upbeat channel and it really gets me motivated to do my homework. Thanks Pandora!

If you haven't got a Pandora account on your computer, downloaded it onto your phone, iPad, or Kindle you are missing out.

Join Here: www.pandora.com   




No comments:

Post a Comment